WORK WITH US
Green Room Theatre Company Coachella Valley (GRTCCV) seeks a highly qualified, enterprising Education Specialist for its Winter/Spring 2023 education program.
GRTCCV is a professionally oriented, 501(C)3 non profit theatre company in its thirteenth successful season, serving the culturally and economically diverse communities of the Coachella Valley from Palm Desert to Thermal.
The Project: With partial funding from a California Arts Council Creative Youth Development Grant, the project is an education and enrichment program structured around a production of Gary Soto’s romantic comedy, Novio Boy.
Your Duration of Employment: Commitment between January 2023 and May 2023. The Education Specialist will begin outreach, enrollment and planning with middle and high schools immediately upon hire. The position might be extended after May by mutual agreement.
As Education Specialist you will teach in-person classes at multiple school sites from January through May, 2023. Service to each contracted school will comprise a series of five class sessions with students during and/or after the regular school day, and may also include leading a preservice on Novio Boy for teachers and parents.
Your Compensation: The Education Specialist will be compensated as an Independent Contractor at a rate of $40 an hour, paid at the end of each month of service.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Meet on a regular basis with the Executive Artistic Director and Administrative Associate.
- Work by telephone, internet and social media to enroll schools in the program.
- Recruit one or more additional qualified Teaching Artists.
- Train and supervise other Teaching Artists as needed and student interns.
- Lead professional development sessions for teachers and parents (8 hours)
- Teach classes for middle and/or high school students (10 hours per school)
- Work with the Administrative Associate to coordinate contracts and collect school payments.
- Coordinate advertising and marketing with the Administrative Associate.
- Additional duties may include, but are not limited to, simple budgeting, and minimal costume, set, lighting, and sound designs for student projects.
- Bilingualism in Spanish is highly desirable.
Prior to working at a school site the you must:
- Receive Department of Justice clearance (fingerprinting at Palm Desert Sheriff Station will be paid by Green Room Theater Company)
- Provide a recent TB test medical record
- Complete a 30-minute webinar to become a Mandated Reporter for Child Abuse and Molestation. Time will be reimbursed by Green Room Theatre.
How to Apply: You will submit a resume of theatre teaching experience, phone and email addresses for three references, and a cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Finalists may be asked to complete a short written project to demonstrate qualifications.